- BRING HEADLAMP OR A FLASHLIGHT - The course will be well marked and there will even be candle-lit lanterns on some sections to guide you. That being said, please have with you a headlamp or flashlight since much of the course is dark.
- WEAR RACE BIBS ON YOUR BACK WITH ONLY 2 SAFETY PINS - See below
- NO PERSONAL MUSIC PLAYERS ALLOWED - The primary reason is for safety. This is a night race with a lot of things going on and we need you to always be aware of your surroundings. Also, we have worked hard to make this race about the experience – share it WITH us! You can rock out to Little Gaga and Lady Wayne on your way home.
- PLEASE TRY TO COME EARLY - This is a beautiful park with a small area for parking. We will have volunteers helping direct you where to park. This will get very backed up if everyone waits until 8:30 or later.
- WEAR NEON - There will be two areas with black lights so feel free to wear neon and/or “glow stuff” for the rest of the course.
- GETTING WET IS OPTIONAL - All 5 challenges are optional. They are meant to be fun and easy enough for almost anyone to do. Two involve some water. We suggest you bring a towel and/or warm dry clothes to change into before awards are given out.
The Poker Run:
- Race bibs will be worn on the BACK of your shirt with safety pins in ONLY the top two holes of the bib.
- There are 5 opportunities to be given a playing card - one for each of the 5 optional challenges. One of these challenges will be on the optional extended loop.
- Playing cards will be stapled to your bib which will be on the back of your shirt upon completion of each challenge.
- You may ask another runner what cards you have been given but make sure it’s someone you trust. We highly recommend you get creative when someone asks you what they have. This is poker so it’s not lying, it’s …..bluffing !
- When you come to the finish line, you may choose to use your cards to play for the best poker hand OR the best hand of 21 (where you try to get as close to a total of 21 without going over).
- There will be a chart at the finish line to show which poker hands are the best. Volunteers will be there to help you.
- Only cards still attached to your bib with our special staples will be allowed to be played.
We will see everyone tomorrow evening!!!